torstai 24. marraskuuta 2016

Praksismarkt - an internship market

So on wednesday 23.11. there was a market in the ohm university. It was meeting-point for students and potential employers. My experience in Finland is that internship placemants are fought over and employers are sick of it all. Some of my classmates have been yelled at phone when asking a placement. Here dozens of employers came in tables full of flyers and candy, lurin in students. I went to look, even when it is not possible for me to take another internship here, jusy to look around. I took with me a pile of adverts. I don't think I can take them with me so I took pics and the rest I'll just link to their websites.

First of all. There was a lot to be seen

I believe every studet would find something interesting there. But what does it give to employers? I can only guess. Of course guiding a student takes a lot time and effort. I know in Finland some employers require to be paid for taking a student. Personally my goal in internship is always to be actually usefull. And I strongly beleive most studets are more plus than a burden. So employers get an extra pair of hands. In Praksismarkt they can reach the students that are actually interested in the place and motivated. They get a first look of the applicants. Some of the employers had prepared a print with all the essential information: How many students they take, How long placements they offer, If it is a paid internship and which tasks include. That is so practical. Saving effort for everyone. Below there is one good example. All I would need to ask them is when can I start. ( And by the way the place is councelling centre for people that get out of jail. Also helping to get back to normal life.)

The employers represented a wide range of social work. For example councelling and activities for the homeless, homes and activities for the disabled and for people with psychological problems. The place below is from Frankenalb-klinik Engelthal. (would link it but this freaking app is not working).

Moving forwards.... Working with drug abusers and in dug prevention was offered for example by (www.mundra-online.de). 

Social work with the youth and children was widely represented, too. Experiental pedagogy, culture, media, politics and enviroment... you could just pick your interest. 

What else... I aldeady mentioned the candy and informative flyers. I especially enjoyed the design in some of the handouts. Like these below:

My laptop should be on its way back now, so I really hope next time I can make a proper post without losing my mind. Today was the opening of Christkindesmarkt - the famous Nürnberger Christmas market, which I'd love to photograph and make evertbody jealous ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti