keskiviikko 21. joulukuuta 2016

The last day at work


This has been my home and workplace for past three months. There were times when I was so homesick I could not wait for the days to pass. Now I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Today was my last official workday. Everything that is left now is a christmas party tomorrow. After that I will be like any other tourist in the city.

Now I'm looking back at some of the nice things that have happened during the last few weeks. First, the famous Nürnberger christmas market opened on the first advent. The market is overcrowded almost any time, but I have been looking around there three- four times. Yesterday it was not only the amount of people that made me feel uneasy. On monday night someone drow a truck on Berlin christmas market killing 12 people. This was the first piece of news I got in the morning. Luckily everything here is secure and I had a nice time on the Nürnberger christkindlesmarkt. 





I got myself a different kinf of advent calendar this year. I found a book called Der Henken von Nürnberg which means the executioner of Nuremberg. 50 cents in a library used books sell and I got a crimi story based on middle age Nürnberg for each day of december. The stories become more alive when I have been to the places mentioned in the book. One of the places is the ancient rock-cut dungeon, Lochgefägnisse.




 This is old news as well, but since I haven't published about it before here it is! On november I was arranging a cultural event night together with other Finnish exchange students. We prepared a presentation and lots of traditional Finnish food. The evening was super fun both for the participants and us.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti